Srinagar: Police have identified all the six killed militants in the early morning gunfight between militants and government forces at Satkipora area of Anantnag district on Friday.
According to police the slain have been identified as
1. Azad Ahmad Malik @Dada Malik (LeT tanzeem) s/o Nazir Ahmad Malik r/o Idgah Mohalla Arwani PS Bijbehara Anantnag (body handed over to relatives)
2. Unas Shafi Bhat (HM tanzeem) s/o Mohd Shafi Bhat r/o Takiya Maqsood Shah, PS Bijbehara, Distt Anantnag (body handed over to relatives)
3. Basit Ahmad Mir (LeT tanzeem) s/o Ishtiyaq Ahmad Mir r/o Pushwara (PS & Distt Anantnag) (body handed over to relatives)
4. Atif Nazar R/o waghama Anantnag (HM)
5. Firdaus Ahmad R/o Pulwanma
6. Shahid Ahmad Malik R/o Kawani Distt Awantipora.
Gunfight between government forces and militants broke out after a joint team of army, CRPFand SOG laid a cordon at Sekipora area of Bhejbera.
Violent protests erupted at several places in southern Kashmir’s Anantnag district and witnesses said that people, mostly youths, took to streets in Shalgund, Kanelwan and Dachnipora villages of Bijbehara area and clashed with the government forces.
Similar clashes were reported from Khanabal locality of the district where, reports said, forces resorted to aerial firing to break the protests.
Internet has been suspended in the district and railway services too have been suspended by the authorities.