Javed Rana seeks probe into anti-encroachment drive
Jammu, May 19 (KINS): Forest Minister Javed Ahmed Rana on Tuesday visited families affected by an anti-encroachment drive in the Raika Bandi forest area on the outskirts of Jammu and ordered a probe into the Forest Department’s action.
Police and Forest Department teams had demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land during the operation.
Calling the incident “inhuman,” the minister said the affected families had been living there for decades and claimed the land belonged to them as per revenue records.
“The point I am making is that what has happened is inhuman, and such things have no place in civil society or in any religious or social setup,” he said.
Rana assured the affected families of rehabilitation and compensation, saying the Tribal Affairs Department would take necessary steps and those responsible would face legal action.(KINS)

