Kashmir Indepth
Breaking NewsKashmir

Mirwaiz approaches private security agencies for his security cover

Srinagar, April 14: After withdrew security to several Hurriyat leaders, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has approached private security agencies for his security cover.

Following the Pulwama attack, the government withdrew the security cover to five Hurriyat leaders.

After which scores of youth reportedly registered themselves for Hurriyat Conference (M) chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq’s personal security.

Now, he has approached private security agencies for his security cover.

“Mirwaiz has asked several security agencies to provide him security guards for his security cover,” a source in one of the security agencies told Kashmir In-Depth. “Security agencies won’t provide him any security till get a green signal from the government,” the source said.

Mirwaiz was recently quizzed by the National Investigation Agency sleuths in the militancy funding case. He had earlier refused to go to New Delhi, citing security concerns and “hostile atmosphere” there.

 

Related posts

Amid drone surveillance, 3-tier security grid in place for I-Day function in Sgr: ADGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar

Zainab Hamdani

House gutted in fire mishap in Sopore

Kashmir Indepth

Grapes village of Kashmir

Zainab Hamdani

Chief Secretary reviews Darbar Move preparations
Rapid Antigen Test mandatory for Move-employees
Visiting hours for general public at Srinagar Civil Secretariat extended from 3:00- 5:00 PM to facilitate more interaction

Kashmir Indepth

DDC reviews progress of Jal Shakti Projects in Anantnag

Kashmir Indepth

Govt to cover all students under scholarship schemes

Kashmir Indepth

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy