Kashmir Indepth
Breaking NewsKashmir

CIK conduct raids across Kashmir in connection with Delhi blast probe; nearly 20 digital devices seized

CIK conduct raids across Kashmir in connection with Delhi blast probe; nearly 20 digital devices seized

Ishtiyaq Kar

Srinagar, Nov 13 (KINS): In a major counterterrorism operation, the Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) on Thursday carried out simultaneous raids at 13 locations across the Kashmir Valley in connection with the ongoing investigation into the recent Delhi blast case.

According to reports received by Kashmir Indepth News Service (KINS), the coordinated searches were conducted in close collaboration with the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and local police units. The operation targeted individuals and networks suspected of having links with those involved in the Srinagar-Delhi blast.

Official sources said the raids were launched early in the day and continued for several hours under heightened security arrangements, with multiple teams deployed across Srinagar, Baramulla, Pulwama, Shopian, and Kulgam districts.

During the course of the operation, authorities seized nearly 20 digital devices, including smartphones, laptops, iPads, and SIM cards, which have been sent for forensic analysis.

“We recovered several electronic gadgets that are now being examined by technical experts. These devices may contain crucial data that could help trace the communication networks and online handlers linked to the case,” a senior officer told KINS.

The officer added that the raids were part of an intensified effort to trace the digital footprint of terror networks, identify individuals involved in online radicalization, and disrupt logistical and ideological support structures aiding terrorism in the region.

“This crackdown was aimed at dismantling the digital ecosystem that promotes and supports terrorism. The government maintains a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of extremist activity,” the officer said.

Authorities confirmed that further detentions and follow-up searches are likely as part of the expanding investigation into the Delhi blast case, which claimed several lives near the Red Fort earlier this week.(KINS)

Related posts

Advisor Baseer Khan visits Qazigund, Inspects Receiving Station Shempora, ongoing Rural Development works at Drien, Wanpora

Ankit Sharma

Newly elected Nagrota and Budgam MLAs to take oath tomorrow in Jammu

Kashmir Indepth

KPC expresses concern over ‘throttle’ information on coronavirus by administration

Kashmir Indepth

Winners of DDC polls, Councilors, panchs, sarpanchs to be VIPs on Jan 26 celebrations
Literary persons, sports persons, progressive farmers, Covid warriors to be felicitated

Zainab Hamdani

Gunshots heard during search operation in Srinagar outskirts

Kashmir Indepth

People throng markets without following social distancing norms

Ankit Sharma

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy